krosh.tehnologia.info

Форум сайта krosh.tehnologia.info
Текущее время: Ср май 22, 2024 20:06

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Запись на ленту Quantegy 456
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Пт фев 02, 2007 16:17 
Здравствуите, Помогите разобраться, пишу на ленту в Отари МТР-10 и низы пропали. Лента сьела бас. Пишу на Quantegy 456, может быть уровни слишком высокие? или другую ленту использовать! что делать? Заранее спасибо!

Вот ссылка на ленту http://www.quantegy.com/specsheets/PDF/456.pdf

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Пт фев 02, 2007 16:40 
Site Admin

Смените ленту! Ампекс и квантеджи жрут низ, не говоря о других недостатках.

Лучше BASF/EMTEC, даже ORWO Typ106 намного честнее, не говоря о прочности.

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Пт фев 02, 2007 16:44 
Site Admin

> Quantegy is dropping audio tape.

Yep. It's been all over the other tape mailing lists for days.

What amazes me, is that some people (mainly here in the USA) seem concerned.

I mean, Quantegy maintained a reputation of having some of the poorest manufacturing
specifications for open reel audio mastering tape in the industry. The brand's popularity here in
the US was mainly due to marketing hype, often relying on clueless celebrity endorsements. More
embarrassing proof of just how much the US recording industry is driven by fiction, not fact.

In case anyone here does not know, there is vastly higher quality product available from
Recordable Media Group International B.V., (Oosterhout, The Netherlands) and there is also a
(possibly very promising) new formulation on the way from start-up ATR Magnetics (here in the
USA).

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Пт фев 02, 2007 16:51 
Site Admin

Questions:

1) Given Jay McKnight's sage paper on NAB versus today's formulae's
performance(s), is everyone making new recordings only at 30 ips, or are you
going "CCIR," aka IEC I, at 15 ips to optimize for low end and save tape?
(You can set up both speeds with only one such Calibration tape, played at
either speed, right?) Or are many still ploughing ahead with NAB, just for
the sake of the ubiquity of Calibration tapes and machines that can do that
EQ?

2) DC said rock might still sound better on 1/4" Why was that, again? (If
azimuth, why is rock more sensitive to it?)

------------------------------------------------

> is everyone making new recordings only at 30 ips, or are you
> going "CCIR," aka IEC I, at 15 ips to optimize for low end and save tape?

I think that the majority of today's analog tape machine users (here in the USA, anyway) are not interested in extracting the maximum fidelity available from the technology. (Sadly.)

What has happened (with the more than fifteen years of dumping of analog tape machines by the recording and broadcast industries for newer, cheaper, digital technology) is that we now find the legacy analog hardware predominately in the hands of non-professional persons who are mainly interested in employing analog tape as an effects sidechain. To a person interested in analog fidelity, it is an extremely depressing situation.

> Or are many still ploughing ahead with NAB, just for
> the sake of the ubiquity of Calibration tapes and machines that can do that
> EQ?

Another good question, and one that frequently comes up (every five years or so). I think there can be no argument that the development of the analog magnetic recorder has been held back by the NAB standard. We first heard people in the industry saying this thirty years ago, or even before that (in the case of J.G. McKnight at Ampex). I think I wrote somewhere, maybe ten years ago, that since analog was now finally dead, why are we using the same old tape formulations, the ones
designed to work with our same, tired, old, limiting (but widely adopted) standards, for any new acquisition recordings? Why don't we instead create a whole new generation of analog tape, building the best tape formulation we can imagine and then empirically deriving new operating
standards (such as speeds and EQ curves) based on that new tape's capabilities?

But this suggestion was met with opposition from the stodgy people who think that we already have too many standards and that these new recordings would become quickly unplayable, as the adoption of any new standard at this point in the game would be far too small. And besides, how many people are doing any serious acquisition work in analog, anyway?

----------------------------------------------------

Included in the slow process of death to this medium we all appreciate so much is the dwindling of

resources to maintenance, to research, and to find tutelage. Your "sadness and depression," seems

to be directed to those isolated few who are actually maintaining what little life there is left
in analog. I am one of those isolated few "semiprofessionals," and I am writing to say that your
assumption is dead wrong. I AM very interested in "extracting the maximum fidelity available from

the technology." Please teach me.

----------------------------------------------------

Вот так, собсно... :(

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Сб фев 03, 2007 00:51 
Крош, огромное спасибо, а я понакупил то зтово добра....хорошо что у нас можно здать в течении 30 днеи но ничево кроме как Quantagy в магазинах нет :(. Может попробовать GP9? В магазине сказали что ето самое лучьшее что у них есть :( A что с уровнями записи? Можно подниматся выше 0 db или лучше не надо? Eше раз спасибо!!!!!

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Сб фев 03, 2007 18:37 
Где бы найти мануал для калибровки Otari MTR10? Я пытался поискать на интернете но ничево не нашел :(. Kak mne сказали в магазине, надо откалибровать рекордер но как именно на етои машине зто делать никто не знает. Какие ручки крутить?

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Сб фев 03, 2007 23:35 
Ветеран

В понедельник посмотрю мануал на мтр-12 на работе. А вообще, где-то была в сети инструкция по настройке аналоговых магнитофонов. Насколько я помню, составленная одним из участников данного форума. ;)

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Вс фев 04, 2007 02:44 
Заранее спасибо!

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Вт фев 13, 2007 15:56 
Активный

кстати о квантегах

Quantegy Recording Solutions, THE magnetic tape manufacturer for the professional video, audio, and instrumentation markets, has officially announced the discontinuation of various magnetic tape product lines. A complete listing of discontinued products is available on their web site.

Вернуться наверх

Заголовок сообщения:
Непрочитанное сообщениеДобавлено: Вт фев 13, 2007 17:23 
Site Admin

ing писал(а):
кстати о квантегах

Quantegy Recording Solutions, THE magnetic tape manufacturer for the professional video, audio, and instrumentation markets, has officially announced the discontinuation of various magnetic tape product lines. A complete listing of discontinued products is available on their web site.

Дык, даже пендосы уже "УРРРРРРАААААААААААААА!!!!!!!!" кричали по этому поводу! Лента - говно редкое...

Вернуться наверх

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа [ Летнее время ]